4 tips for choosing the right faucet
The right faucets can add a touch of style and distinction to both your kitchen and bathroom. While these plumbing fixtures are primarily utilitarian, they now come in styles to match decors ranging from classical or rustic to contemporary and modern. With so many choices and prices, how do you find the right faucet for you? Here are 4 tips for choosing the right faucet.
Things to consider to choose the right faucet
With more and more faucets to pick from, you may feel overwhelmed. To find the right one for your practical and aesthetic needs, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Your budget: You can pay a little or a lot. In the long run, it may be more cost-effective to invest in a premium model to enjoy better quality and a longer guarantee.
- Think about practicality and design: Do you want a faucet with a separate handspray for washing vegetables? Are you planning to change your counter and sink at the same time? Your answers to these questions will help you decide on the right model.
- Match it to the style of your home: The faucet will be part of your decor, so choose one that complements it well.
Know your faucets
You’ll find different types of faucets on the market for the kitchen or bathroom. Getting to know them will help you make the right choice for you.
- One-piece faucet with lever handle and retractable spout
- One-piece faucet with round handles (one for hot water and one for cold)
- Spaced faucet (handles separate from faucet body) with lever handles
- One-piece faucet with cross handles
- One-piece faucet with waterfall spout
- Faucets can have a spout with a small or large arch to fit the desired style and available height on your countertop.
There are now more environmentally friendly models that include an aerator to reduce water consumption. You also have a much wider choice of finishes today to add a special touch to your room.
Where to buy it
There are many possibilities. Faucets can be purchased at both hardware stores and specialized plumbing supply centres.