Home appliance repair costs in 2021
How much does it cost to repair an appliance? It’s very likely that you’ll have an appliance fail a few years after its warranty has expired. You’ll need someone to repair or service it. Find out how much it can set you back to repair a refrigerator, washer, dryer, dishwasher or stove.
A few examples
Costs vary depending on the type of appliance, make, type of breakdown, time of repair (day, evening, weekend or holiday), number of technicians needed and, in some cases, the cost of any parts to be replaced.
- Compressor needs replacing: $119
- Washer stops spinning: $119
- Dryer makes a lot of noise: $145
- Dishwasher drainage phase does not complete and error 24 appears: $114
- Dishwasher doesn’t turn on: $135
- Cooktop needs replacement: $460
- Refrigerator fan not working: $120
- Freezer no longer freezes: $229